Monday, March 5, 2007

A Bad Hair Day, or My Poor Old Car

Well, today I got my first job interview in a long time. It is for a job at an industrial metal-plating facility in Southeast Portland. It's not necessarily a great job, or a cool job, but it pays a lot better than no job at all. And it comes with benefits. I've never been one to go to the doctor very much, but it would be nice to know that if I did get sick, I could go to my doctor and have stuff taken care of and not have to find some way to pay for it all. I got the call today and my interview is scheduled for Wednesday. Not much time to prepare. I've got to come up with some references and try to get ready for a crazy job interview...scary stuff. I also have been planning on cutting my hair and shaving off my beard once I got an interview. I didn't really expect to have so little time to do it. But it's done. I actually let a friend cut my hair and he did a pretty decent job. It's not every day that you cut off that much hair. Like 10 inches from the top of my head and well over an inch from my chin. I had really let things go. The last time I cut my hair was in July of 2005. Wow. I have some before and after pics if you want to see them. I'd post them, but I still haven't really decided whether I want to post a whole bunch of pictures of myself online. And I haven't bothered to sign up for the hosting service. Maybe one of these days. So if you've got any words of encouragement or interview tips or what have you, feel free to bring them on.

In other news, I attempted to jump start my car, which has been sitting for about 4 months and it didn't work. *sigh* If I could get it to start, I could probably get some extra money out of it. Alas, I'll have to give it another try some other time. It's probably just mad at me because I have to sell it.

Well, have a good one.

3 Comments:

At March 6, 2007 at 10:57 AM , Blogger Jessicool said...

I want to see the pictures! :)

 
At March 6, 2007 at 10:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the interview! I hope you sound more enthusiastic about the job during the interview than you do in your post. Good luck!

 
At March 8, 2007 at 6:29 AM , Blogger Kaknuckle said...

Dude, I definately want to see those pictures. Common interview questions aside from your background are "what three things do you like best/least about yourself" -- always good to spin the negatives into positives if possible while maintaining honesty. Also, of course, "why do you want this job", "why would you be good for this job" etc. Thinking of what you'll say ahead of time will really help.

Have you ever read THE PROPHET by Kahlil Gibran? I read it everytime I move or have some other life changing event and it always helps me find clarity and focus, and to feel like there is meaning to life. You may like it ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home