Thursday, March 8, 2007

A Job? Could it be?

Well, I had that interview yesterday, and maybe some of you are wondering how it went. I'll give you a little bit of information that I didn't put in the last post. I went into this 'interview' knowing that it was with a staffing company. Actually, I interviewed with these guys a couple of years ago when I first got to Portland, and they never came up with anything for me, so I wasn't to excited about it (as Nate pointed out in his comment). So I went in and filled out their paperwork and provided my references. Then I got to talk to the branch manager for a little bit. She was nice and kept complaining about the construction going on upstairs. The interview went well, and she promised to call me tomorrow (well, today, now) if my references checked out and the company wanted to interview me. I was feeling pretty down this morning because things went pretty much how they did last time, and I didn't really have any confidence that this company would find anything for me. I sent out a couple of resumes and called my mom to talk about things. Then I just closed my eyes and thought for a while. My phone rang, and I snapped back to reality. It turned out to be Alison (the interviewer from Wednesday). She said that she hadn't heard anything from the metal-plating company for which I initially interviewed, but they had a new position come in for a food packaging company. So I have another interview, actually at the company this time, tomorrow. Assuming I get the position, I would start on Monday at 11:30 AM. The upside of this is I would have a job (temporary, but still a job). The downside is that my working hours are 11:30AM-7:30PM. So I wouldn't be able to go to juggling on Wednesdays. This is quite a bummer, but I guess I'll have to make some sacrifices in order to make things work. And maybe I'll get some free jam or something. Woohoo!

Cross your fingers and all that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home