Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hey ma, I wanna be an ecoterrorist when I grow up

Well, I dug up a couple of more job interviews today. One for tomorrow (Wednesday) and one for Thursday. The first is with OSPIRG, the Oregon State Public Interest Research Group. I've been seeing their job postings on Portland's Craigslist for some time and finally decided to apply today. At first, I would be working on their Clean Energy for Oregon campaign, which seeks legislation to have Oregon produce 25% of its energy from clean sources (wind power, solar power, etc.) by 2025. I'm definitely in favor of this and would feel honored to be able to take part in such an endeavor. Woohoo!

The other interview is for Greenpeace. I know, I know they do some crazy things sometimes, but they also do a lot of good for the environment. I would be working to save ancient pristine forests and helping to combat global warming, two admirable goals, imo. And most importantly, I wouldn't be chasing whaling ships.

These are two jobs where I could go home at the end of the day and feel good about myself because I know that I am working to make a difference in how the world is treated, to preserve some of the splendor of the environment for future generations (and our generation, quite frankly, considering how fast things are changing). And, of course, I'd be getting a paycheck to do it and hopefully getting some ins with the alternative energy crowd for possible future job opportunities. The paychecks helping me to find a new place to live in 18 days, and the ins helping me to find other places to live after that.

I was sort of freaking out about the whole finding a new place to live thing yesterday. It's going to be pretty difficult without a car or job (but hopefully the job problem will be a thing of the past quite soon). Continuing on the car theme, I almost sold my car today. Unfortunately, the guy got cold feet once he saw the stuff about having to get a notary to sign the title over and all that stuff. It's been sitting outside for the last couple of months and needs to go before I leave. Most of you probably have fond memories of this car, as do I. I wish I could keep it, but I just can't fix it right now. *sigh*

Anyway, advice, fond memories, tips for interviewing, happy thoughts, offers on the car, etc should be directed to the comments section, or to one of my varied personal email addresses.

Cheers

1 Comments:

At March 14, 2007 at 3:19 PM , Blogger Parsley said...

You know, now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure you need a notary any time you transfer a title, interstate or not. Maybe I'm wrong.

I don't know how much notaries charge, but if it's like $30 or something you could just tell the buyer you'll get it, and the sale price you get will cover it. Maybe.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home