Saturday, May 5, 2007

Best Birthday Present Ever

Well, perhaps I overstated it a bit. But today, May 5, 2007 turns out to be Free Comic Book Day. I had seen ads for this for quite some time, but almost forgot. Luckily, I decided to stop at the library. I checked out a CD by the Gerry Mulligan quartet, as the name struck a memory with me. I believe someone who may sometimes go by the name of clovis recommended him to me quite some time ago. Anyway, they had a sign reminding everyone of Free Comic Book Day. Luckily, there's a comic book shop quite close to the library and I headed straight there. Imagine my surprise that they actually had someone there signing the free comic books. His name is Matt Camp and he did some of the art in the comic book that they were handing out. I told him that it was my birthday and he happily signed it "Happy birthday Eric! Matt Camp." This definitely made me smile.

2 Comments:

At May 6, 2007 at 11:08 AM , Blogger Parsley said...

Happy day after your birthday! Happy day after Free Comic Book Day! What was the comic?

 
At May 6, 2007 at 1:35 PM , Blogger Eric said...

Well, the comic included 3 different comics and was specially made for Free Comic Book Day. They were Zero Killer, Pantheon City, and The Umbrella Academy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home