Friday, May 4, 2007

Mesquite Chicken Burritos

Well, I make pretty much every meal that I eat myself, as some of you know. Usually, they're pretty boring things, like spaghetti or grilled cheese and soup. But today, I went for something a little different. Sometimes I make burritos. For the last few days, I've been feeling the need to use up some of the frozen chicken breasts that I bought a couple of weeks ago, so I decided to make some chicken burritos for lunch. I also found a packet of Grill Creations Mesquite meat marinade that I bought a while back for some unknown reason. I decided that this might make for a good burrito, and I was right. Here is my recipe.

Ingredients:
2 boneless chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups rice (uncooked)
1 can corn (drained)
1 can black beans (drained)
1 can refried beans
1 packet Grill Creations Mesquite Marinade
cheese
salsa
tortillas

Directions:
-First, I cut up the chicken into bite sized pieces

-Then, I started the rice (I used the kind that takes 20 mins to cook. If you use instant, I guess you could cook the rice later, if you want.)

-Cook the chicken using some butter or oil or whatever. When it is pretty much done, add the marinade mix, along with a little water. Cook for a while longer until a good portion of the water has boiled away

-Then, add the black beans, refried beans, and corn to the chicken and cook some more, stirring.

-Once the rice is done, pour in the chicken/beans/corn and stir it up.

-Put some of this on a tortilla with some cheese and salsa and enjoy

This made way more than I could eat (filled 12 soft taco size flour tortillas), so be prepared to save some for later. I put the rest into tortillas (without salsa and cheese) and put some in the refrigerator and some in the freezer for later. I'll top them with cheese and salsa and bake them. They should be pretty good.

The burritos turned out really well, in my opinion. I would definitely say it's worth trying. Much better than results I've had using burrito mix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home