Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Goodbye Old Friend

Well, I sold my car today. My beautiful malachite green 1990 Saab 900S. It took me to Dartmouth and back many times and brought me across the country to Portland (via Fort Collins, Lake Havasu, San Francisco, Eureka, and the Oregon coast).

I had a lot of memories in that car and now it is gone. I'm sure some of you have memories in that car, too. One of these days, I'll bother to set up the pictures stuff so I can put up a few pictures in times like these. Feel free to comment about your favorite memory of the Saab (or even one of the other ones that I've had the privilege of driving throughout the years, I guess).

I hope your new owner treats you well. Sorry I couldn't fix you up and keep you with me.

Goodbye.

3 Comments:

At May 2, 2007 at 4:25 PM , Blogger Parsley said...

Memories of your cars (I can't remember which is which):

* Car can be started with dime instead of key

* Car becomes disabled at beer distributor in Lewisburg, cause is mysterious, we are rescued by junior high classmate

* Driving around Portland, my giant head sticks out of sunroof, blowing hair around and causing me to look like mental patient in new city

* Guy at Arby's drive through is highly impressed by 16-year old Saab, referring to it as "a classic" and "the poor man's BMW."

Sorry for your loss. Hope the next car is even better.

 
At May 3, 2007 at 9:31 AM , Blogger Jessicool said...

I remember that car! But not enough to tell stories. Sorry you had to let it go :(

 
At July 19, 2007 at 8:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

sorry to hear that dude. i have many memories of that car. one that sticks out in my mind in particular was one of the trips to the waterfall. one of the final turns on the windy, gravel road is a sharp left. due to circumstances that were, perhaps within our control, we almost wrecked the car. i remember comming to a final stop, looking staight into a rock face from only a few feet!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home