Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Place to Live

Well, it looks like my blogging pace has slowed down a bit. I hope you don't mind.

In other news, I guess I found a place to live next week. I did the whole Craigslist thing again. I placed an ad detailing a little bit about myself, where I wanted to live, and how much I could spend and got a bunch of responses from people who thought their room might just be the place for me. It was funny looking at some of them, since they were nothing even remotely resembling what I had detailed in my housing wanted posting. Some were too expensive, others were nowhere near when I had expressed interest in living. In the end, I looked at three places.

The first was just on a lark. It was pretty close to where I'm living now, so I rode my bike over to check it out. Brrrrrr. That was a cold bicycle ride, let me tell you. It was a bit of a shock, since it had been a pretty nice day. The house was nice enough, but they didn't have internet or a washer/dryer. Those are two things that I decided I need. The first, to look for a job, the second because I don't have a car to take my clothes to a laundromat. So that didn't work out.

The second place was pretty nice. Lots of gardens and I knew one of the tenants from juggling.

The third place that I looked at was in an ideal location, though the house itself wasn't that nice. I met with one of the current tenants, Bryce, who described himself as a 33 year old gay social worker in the post. He seemed nice enough. He told me about the other person with whom I would be living, Tom. Right before I left, I asked a few questions about Tom and came to suspect that I knew Tom from juggling. This turned out to be the case. Pretty random, don't you think? I decided that this seemed like a good sign and picked this as my future residence. It's in the Hollywood district in Portland. So named because of the Hollywood Theatre that is still a prominent feature there. (I guessed this even before I read the wikipedia posting.) I saw the film What the Bleep Do We Know at the Hollywood Theatre a few years ago. Actually, What the Bleep Do We Know was filmed in Portland and I've seen several movies at the Bagdad (the theatre that you see at the beginning and end of the movie). Hopefully, I made the right choice. We'll see in a few weeks. At least I don't have to worry about finding a place to live anymore. I'm still working on the job, though.

Well, hope you're doing well. Heh.

1 Comments:

At March 26, 2007 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Jessicool said...

Congratulations!! You must feel relieved to have a new place to live.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home