Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A Parade? On Wednesday?

I woke up today to find the streets lined with parked cars. Not that this is all that unusual, but there were many, many, more than are usually there.

A bit later, I had to go to the post office, so I headed that way and what should I discover, but a parade. At 1:15 on an otherwise unremarkable Wednesday afternoon. Now I don't know about you, but where I'm from, parades happen on the weekends. I watched for a while and saw a few high school bands, some young gymnasts, and a bunch of kids on unicycles. Kind of neat for an afternoon's walk. Eventually, I found out that it's the Rose Festival Junior Parade. Right on. Go kids!

I guess that solves the mystery of why so many cars are parked outside.

As a slight aside, some kid was humping my front lawn when I returned home. I told him and his buddies to get lost. They did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home